These homemade meatballs are very juicy and easy to make. They taste great either in a pasta sauce or on their own. Instead of frying in the pan, I baked the meatballs in the oven as it is healthier.
I used ground beef to make these meatballs. But you can also use a combination of ground pork and beef if you prefer.
- 500 grams Ground beef
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 number Medium egg (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Olive oil to grease the pan
- In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs and milk. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients except olive oil for greasing the pan. Add soaked bread crumbs and mix until everything is evenly mixed.
- Roll level 2 tablespoons of mixture into balls. Chill the meatballs in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Grease the baking tray with olive oil and place the meatballs about 1 cm apart. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until browned and cooking through. Turn the meatballs halfway through cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE - Mix all the ingredients until they are just combined. Over mixing makes the meatballs tough and rubbery.
- Cooked and cooled meatballs can be frozen for up to a few months.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Pingback: Baked Meatballs/ With Beef/ Snazzy Cuisine – Foodgoggle