Moist and fluffy banana cupcakes with a tempting banana flavor. Baking these banana cupcakes will make your house smell amazing.
There are plenty of ways to use overripe bananas, such as banana pancakes, banana balls, etc. This banana cupcake recipe is another great way to use up overripe bananas.
- 125 grams Butter softened
- 150 grams Caster sugar
- 50 grams Brown sugar
- 2 numbers Egg
- 1 cup Ripe Banana mashed
- 185 grams Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons Whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Line 15 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla essence in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Pour in mashed banana and mix well. Gently stir in sifted flour mixture and milk in three batches.
- Fill each paper liner about 2/3 full with batter, about 1/4 cup of batter into each paper liner.
- Bake about 19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Notes - For mashed bananas, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature especially butter, egg, and mashed banana.
- I used Cavendish bananas in this recipe.
- We used large eggs with an average weight of 58 grams per egg.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.