Sweet gothambu ada is a healthy breakfast or snack. These sweet adas are made using wheat flour, jaggery, coconut, etc.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 1/2 cup Jaggery grated
- 1 tablespoon Ghee melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3/4 - 1 cup Water
- Salt 1 pinch
- Add grated jaggery to a saucepan with 3/4 cup of water. Boil on a medium flame until the jaggery melts completely. Strain the syrup to remove any impurities and set it aside to cool down.
- Combine wheat flour, grated coconut, ghee, cardamom powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add jaggery syrup to the flour mixture and mix well to form a batter. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. It should be of spreading consistency. Add more water if required.
- Heat a pan and pour a spoonful of batter onto it. Spread it lightly to a circular shape using your fingers. Cover and cook both sides until lightly browned.
- NOTE - Melting the jaggery is optional. If you use jaggery without impurities, you can add it directly to the flour mixture.
- I used Aashirvaad whole wheat flour in this recipe.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.