Pumpkin and carrot soup is a smooth, creamy, and nutritious soup. This soup is a high source of vitamin A, which helps to improve your skin and eyesight.
- 2 cups Pumpkin cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Carrot cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 number Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Whipping cream
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Water
- Black pepper powder as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Heat butter in a pan and add bay leaf, garlic, and onion, saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add pumpkin and carrot, saute for another 5 minutes. Add water and pressure cook until the vegetables are fully cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set it aside to cool slightly. Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup until smooth. If necessary, add more water until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer the soup to a saucepan and cook until heated through. Add cream and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- NOTE - You can use vegetable stock instead of water to prepare this soup.
- I used Emborg unsweetened whipping cream in this recipe.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml.