Carrot semiya payasam is a simple vermicelli payasam enriched with the goodness of carrots.
- 1 cup Carrots grated
- 1/4 cup Semiya
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup Whole milk (to grind carrots)
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts, keep aside.
- Add grated carrots and sugar to the same pan and saute well. Cover the pan and cook on low flame until the carrots are tender. Allow it to cool.
- Grind the cooked carrots to a coarse paste by adding 1/2 cup of milk, keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon ghee in a pan and roast the semiya till golden brown.
- Add milk and water to the roasted semiya, bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook on medium flame until the semiya is soft.
- Add coarsely ground carrot, condensed milk, and cardamom powder, cook until you get the desired consistency.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon= 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- I used Amul Mithai Mate sweetened condensed milk and Savorit popular vermicelli in this recipe.
- Recipe source - Fadwas Kitchen.