Paal payasam is a traditional Kerala dessert made with broken rice, milk and sugar.
- 1/4 cup Broken rice
- 4 cups Whole milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Wash the rice thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Add milk, water, and sugar into a vessel, bring to boil.
- Add rice and cook on medium-low flame. Stir occasionally until you get the desired consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and remove from fire. Garnish with fried cashew nuts.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.