Panna cotta is a melt in mouth Italian dessert which can be prepared in advance. It tastes great with homemade butterscotch sauce.
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Gelatin powder
- 2 - 3 drops Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Hot water
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts roasted
- FOR PUDDING - Pour milk, cream, and sugar into a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over it and let it stand for a few minutes to soften.
- Heat the mixture in low flame until gelatin is dissolved. Don't let the mixture boil. Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Strain the mixture and pour into 4 to 5 individual bowls, leave it to cool. Chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
- FOR SAUCE - Combine sugar and a little water in a saucepan. When sugar melts and becomes light brown color, add butter and whisk. Add two tablespoons of hot water and whisk until smooth.
- Add cream and whisk again for a few seconds until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and add vanilla essence and salt. Keep at room temperature.
- TO SERVE - Pour the sauce over the pudding and garnish with cashew nuts.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- I used Emborg unsweetened whipping cream in this recipe.
Really a melt in mouth dessert… No words.. Yummm…
Thank you dear☺
It is such a divine dessert Priyanka. Thanks for sharing the blog Unnimaya🙌
Thank you so much. So glad you liked it!