This pizza sauce made with fresh tomatoes and herbs is better than a store-bought sauce. Your pizza will taste even better with this fresh homemade pizza sauce.
- 400 grams Tomato
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Slice a small 'X' in the bottom of each tomato. This will help you to remove the skin easily later.
- Boil a large pot of water and add the tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes until the skin starts to split.
- Remove the tomatoes from the water and set them aside to cool. Once the tomatoes are cool, peel the skin and coarsely chop them.
- Transfer the chopped tomatoes into a blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add garlic and saute for a few minutes until the garlic becomes golden.
- Pour the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, dried oregano, chilli flakes, pepper powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well and cook on medium to low heat until the sauce becomes thick. Stir in between to prevent the sauce from burning. (do a taste test and add more dried oregano if needed)
- Cool the sauce completely and store in an airtight glass container.
- NOTE - This sauce keeps well in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- You can use any variety of ripe tomatoes to make this sauce.
- The recipe makes enough sauce to cover a 14-inch pizza.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.