Homemade pizza is much easier to make than you think. This recipe will help you make cheese pizza in your kitchen whenever you want.
I used a 12 inch cast iron pan to make this cheese pizza. However, any baking pan that can accommodate a 12 inch round pizza will do just fine. If you are using a nonstick pan, transfer the pizza to a cutting board after baking.
I prefer to use my homemade pizza sauce for making this cheese pizza. But you can always use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce too.
For Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Pizza sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- Olive oil as required
For Pizza Dough
- In a large bowl, add plain flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt, and two tablespoons of olive oil. Add warm water and knead well to form a soft dough. This will take about 10 minutes. Cover and set aside the dough for about 2 hours or until doubled.
- Knead the dough again for about 5 minutes, then transfer it to a lightly greased 12-inch baking dish. Spread the dough gently with your hand and pinch the edges to form a thicker border crust. (if it is difficult to stretch the dough, let it rest for another 15 minutes) Poke the crust with a fork to prevent creating air bubbles while baking. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C for 15 minutes. Lightly brush the top of the crust with olive oil. Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
- Take the crust out from the oven and spread the pizza sauce. (too much sauce will make the pizza soggy) Sprinkle the cheese and dried oregano on top.
- Continue baking for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Let the baked pizza cool for a few minutes, then cut and serve.
- NOTE - No electric machine is needed for this recipe.
- If you prefer, you can use a mix of mozzarella and cheddar.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.