Crispy vanilla cut-out cookies with a tempting buttery flavor.
- 100 grams Butter softened
- 110 grams Caster sugar
- 1 number Egg yolk
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 30 grams Blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Salt 1 pinch
- Mix the plain flour, almond meal, and salt. Sift and keep it aside.
- Beat butter, and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract beat until combined.
- Stir in sifted flour mixture and mix well. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven at 150°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove one portion of the cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll it to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place them 3 cm apart on a baking paper-lined oven tray. (This cookie dough hold it's shape while baking)
- Bake about 16 - 18 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before lifting onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- NOTE - If the dough is too cold let it rest at room temperature for a few minutes before rolling it.
- If the dough is sticking to the rolling pin or rolling surface, try roll it between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookie cut out to the baking sheet.
- The number of cookies depends on the size of the cutter you use.