Chilla is a savory pancake usually made with gram flour. This oats chilla is healthier as it is made with a combination of oats and gram flour.
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Gram flour/Besan
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 number Green chilly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Jeera powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander leaf chopped
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups Water
- Ghee as required
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and dry roast the rolled oats until it turns light brown. Add the roasted oats to a food processor and ground to a coarse powder.
- Add the oats powder to a bowl along with all the other ingredients except ghee. Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and pour a spoonful of batter into it. Spread it lightly and drizzle some ghee around the chilla. Cover and cook both sides. Serve warm with chutney.
- NOTE - You can use any vegetables of your choice to make this oats chilla.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.