Chicken curry made with tomato, coconut milk and spices. It goes well with rice, appam etc.
- 500 grams Chicken pieces
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Thick coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Pepper powder as required
- Salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 numbers Shallot
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute onion until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic, saute.
- Add kashmiri chilli powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder along with little water and saute till oil separates. Add chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add chicken pieces and stir for few minutes, add 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook until the chicken is done and gravy is thick.
- Now add garam masala, pepper powder, and coconut milk, mix well. Remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a small and fry mustard seeds, shallots, and curry leaves, add to the chicken curry.
- This chicken curry goes well with white rice, appam, etc.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
What an easy recipe…!!! Sooooo yummmyyy !!!