Kozhukatta, a healthy tea time snack. It is a rice dumpling with grated coconut and jaggery filling.
- 1 heaped cup Coconut grated
- 1/2 heaped cup Jaggery grated
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 2 numbers Cardamom
- 1 cup Fine rice flour roasted
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Melt the jaggery with little water, strain it. Add grated coconut and ghee to it and cook till the water is dried up. Add crushed cardamom, remove from fire. Keep it aside.
- Boil the water with salt and ghee. Once it boils, lower the flame and add rice flour. Mix well to combine. Remove from fire and keep aside until it is warm enough to handle.
- Knead well to form a soft dough. Make medium size balls out of the dough and spread each balls to a cup shape. Place some filling and roll back into a ball.
- Steam the kozhukattas in a steamer for 15 - 20 minutes on medium flame. Serve warm.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Thank you… I am really glad to hear that.☺
So accurate measurementss.. No one can go wrong while making it.. Hats off to the author. Thanks Priya..
That was the same taste as my mother would prepare.😋😋
Thank you Simi, So happy to hear that!