Elanchi is a crepe with sweet coconut filling. It can be served as a tea time snack.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Water
- 1 number Large egg (58 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Coconut grated
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- FOR CREPES - Mix all ingredients to get a smooth and thin batter. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat pan and pour one spoon of batter on it and make a thin crepe. Cook both sides.
- FOR FILLING - Heat coconut and sugar in a pan and cook till well combined. Add cardamom powder.
- Place the coconut filling on one end of the crepe and roll it.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.