A Simple chicken tomato roast with loads of flavour. You can make this roast in a semi dry or dry consistency. It goes well with ghee rice, pathiri, appam etc.
- 500 grams Chicken pieces
- 2 cups Onion sliced
- 1/2 cup Tomato chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger crushed
- 2 teaspoons Garlic crushed
- 1 number Green chilli sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 Sprigs Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, and saute until golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, and green chilli, saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel seed powder and turmeric powder along with little water and saute until oil separates. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes become soft.
- Add chicken pieces and give a good stir. Add the required amount of water, cover, and cook until the chicken is done.
- Add garam masala and curry leaves. Stir well until the gravy is dry or semi-dry and coated with chicken.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸.