Homemade pineapple jam without adding any preservatives.
- 3 cups Pineapple finely chopped
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Pineapple essence
- Put chopped pineapple and water in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the pineapple is soft and the water is dried up. Allow it to cool.
- Blend the cooked pineapple into a smooth or coarse puree.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, pour the pineapple puree and mix it with the sugar. Cook in low flame for about 10 minutes or until the jam starts to thicken. Add lime juice and pineapple essence, mix well and switch off the fire.
- Store the jam in a dry glass bottle and keep it refrigerated. Bring the jam to room temperature before use, if it thickens under refrigeration.
- NOTE - Remove the peel, eyes, and core of the pineapple before using it.
- The color and sweetness of the jam depend on the quality of the pineapple used.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.