Butter cake, so buttery and delicious. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 100 grams Butter softened
- 110 grams Caster sugar
- 2 nos Egg
- 110 grams Plain flour
- 3 tablespoons Whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of a deep 18 cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Add egg, one at a time and beat until well combined. Add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Gently stir in sifted flour and milk in two batches. Spread the mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Stand cake 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- NOTES - Have all the ingredients at room temperature, especially butter and egg.
- We used large eggs with an average weight of 58 grams per egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- One tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Soft and tasty..