Caramel white chocolate palada payasam is a fusion dessert made with rice ada, milk, sugar and white chocolate. This rich dessert can be served hot or chilled.
- 1/2 cup Rice Ada
- 4 cups Whole milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 50 grams White eating chocolate chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 2 cups Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Add ada to the boiling water, mix well and remove from heat. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes. Rinse the cooked ada in cold water and set aside.
- To make caramel white chocolate, combine sugar and one tablespoon of water in a saucepan. When the sugar melts and becomes light golden, add 1/2 cup of hot water, and melt completely. Remove pan from heat and add chopped white chocolate, whisk until the chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth. Keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan, add the cooked ada, and cook on low flame for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the caramel white chocolate sauce and mix well. Cook again on medium flame until you get the desired consistency. Do a taste test and add more sugar if required. Remove from fire.
- Finally, add cardamom powder and fried cashews.
- NOTES - I used Lindt white chocolate in this recipe. You can use any good quality white eating chocolate.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Recipe source - Vanitha magazine.