Badam milk, a tasty and nutritious almond milkshake flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
- 20 numbers Raw almonds
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 4 numbers Cardamom
- 2 pinches Saffron strands
- Sugar to taste
- Soak the almonds for 8 - 10 hours. Drain and peel them. Blend almonds, saffron, and cardamom into a smooth paste by adding little water, keep aside.
- Heat milk in a deep pan. Once it comes to boil, add almond paste and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add sugar, and mix well.
- Strain the almond milk through a sieve. Garnish with saffron, serve warm or chilled.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.