If you are looking for a light fruit cake recipe, you have to try this golden fruit cake. This cake is perfect for any occasion, not just for Christmas.
- 150 grams Butter softened
- 165 grams Caster sugar
- 3 numbers Egg
- 185 grams Plain flour
- 60 grams Blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed dried fruits
- 60 ml Whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven at 180° C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of a deep 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well combined. Add vanilla essence, mix well.
- Add sifted plain flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt mixture along with milk and fold well.
- Finally, fold in mixed dried fruits, mixed spice, and lemon rind mixture. Spread the cake mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for around 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- NOTES - Brush top of hot cake with extra brandy, if desired.
- For mixed dried fruits, I used a combination of raisins, glace cherries, candied orange, and lemon peel. Chop all the fruits into small pieces and soak them in brandy until absorbed.
- To avoid sinking, dust the soaked fruits with some sifted flour mixture before using.
- Mixed spice is a combination of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dry ginger. Grind all the spices to a fine powder.
- Sift together the plain flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature, especially butter and egg.
- We used large eggs with an average weight of 58 grams per egg.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸.
This cake is a super hit among my friends. My husband loves this cake to the moon. Thank you for the marvellous recipe!
Hi Unnimaya, I am so glad your friends and family like this cake.
Hello! Can you pls share the measurement of the ingredients in cups? This cake looks really tempting and I really wish to try baking it.
Butter – 2/3 cup
Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
Egg – 3 nos
Plain flour – 1 1/4 cups
Blanched almond flour – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Mixed spice – 1 tsp
Lemon rind – 1 tablespoon
Mixed dried fruit – 1 1/2 cups
Whole milk – 1/4 cup
Brandy – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Hi Gia…All cup and spoon measurements are level. But the most accurate way is to weigh the ingredients. Hope this helps you.
Pingback: Top 23 Fruit Cake Recipe – Best Round Up Recipe Collections
Pingback: Best 23 Recipe for Fruit Cake – Best Round Up Recipe Collections