Kerala lime pickle is an easy to make pickle. It goes well with rice, ghee rice, biriyani etc.
- 10 - 12 numbers Lime (small-sized)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons Ginger sliced
- 2 tablespoons Garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- Boiling water as required
- Vinegar to taste (optional)
- Sugar 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, saute lime until the color changes. It takes about 5 - 10 minutes. Allow it to cool and cut each lime into eight pieces. Discard juice and oil.
- Heat 1/3 cup oil in a pan, fry mustard seed and fenugreek seed. Add garlic, and ginger, fry slightly. Remove pan from heat and add kashmiri chilli powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and asafoetida powder.
- Add the required amount of boiling water, salt, vinegar, and sugar, bring to boil until thick. Switch off the flame and add lime pieces, mix well, and adjust the taste.
- Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container. Pour little oil on top of the pickle. Keep refrigerated to increase the shelf-life.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Pingback: Discover what's in a spicy homemade lime pickle from Goa, Kerala, Sri Lanka & more