Moru kachiyathu is nothing but seasoned buttermilk. This is one of the easiest curries which can be made in 10 minutes or less.
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 4 numbers Shallot finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 number Green chilli finely chopped
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 1 numbers Dry red chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- Heat oil in a pan, fry shallot, ginger, garlic and green chilli slightly. Add turmeric powder and buttermilk. Stir continuously until the steam comes. Do not let it boil. Remove from fire and stir for another 5 minutes. Add salt.
- Heat oil in a small pan, fry mustard seed, fenugreek seed, cumin seed, dry red chilli, and curry leaf, add to moru kachiyathu. Serve with rice.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Thank you and so happy to hear that😊
Even I tried ,awesome,my son likes very much