Potato sev is a crispy snack made with potato, gram flour and spices. It can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.
- 1 large sized Potato (200 grams)
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook and mash the potato, keep aside.
- Mix gram flour, spices, and salt together.
- Add mashed potato and mix well to form a smooth dough. There is no need to add any water, the moisture from the potato is enough to form a dough.
- Cover and keep aside the dough for 15 minutes. Fill the dough into a idiyappam/ sev maker with a small holes plate.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and squeeze dough into the oil in a circular motion. Cook both sides until crispy. Drain on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat until the dough is finished.
- Slightly crush the cooled sev with your hand and store in an airtight container.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.