Poori bhaji/Poori masala is an easy to prepare side dish for poori, chapati, etc.
- 2 1/2 cups Potato cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cups Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
- 3 numbers Green chilli sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 number Dry red chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- Oil to saute
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoos Coriander leaf chopped
- Cook the potato pieces with the required amount of water and salt. Slightly mash the cooked potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry mustard seed, urad dal, dry red chilli, and curry leaves.
- Add onion, ginger, and green chilli, saute until golden.
- Add turmeric powder and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add potatoes along with some water. Cook for a few minutes untill you get a thick gravy.
- Add lime juice and coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the heat.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Pingback: Poori Recipe (Deep Fried Indian Bread ) / Snazzy Cuisine