Dosa is a popular South Indian breakfast. It is very healthy, tasty and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups Raw rice
- 1/2 cup Skinned whole urad dal
- 1/2 cup Cooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- 1 pinch Instant yeast optional
- 1 3/4 - 2 cups Cold water
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice, urad dal and Fenugreek seeds for 6 hours.
- Grind all the ingredients except salt to a smooth paste. Add salt, mix well and keep aside for 8 - 10 hours to ferment.
- Heat a pan and pour a spoonful of batter into it. Spread the batter evenly in a circular shape. Allow it to cook on medium-high heat until golden. Cook both sides.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- NOTE - I used idli rice in this recipe.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Recipe source - My mother