Garlic rice is a garlic flavored butter rice garnished with crunchy garlic chips.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups Boiling water
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Sliced
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a large pan. Add the chopped garlic and cook until the garlic starts to turn golden. Add rice and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water and salt. Cover and cook on low flame till the water is dried completely and the rice is cooked. Add pepper powder and mix the rice with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the garlic slices until golden and crisp. Drain it on a paper towel and discard the oil.
- Garnish the cooked garlic rice with fried garlic slices. Serve with chilli chicken, ginger chicken, etc.
- Note - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.