Mutton masala is an Indian style mutton curry made with onion, tomato, spices, etc.
- 1 kilograms Mutton pieces (bone-in)
- 6 numbers Clove
- 4 numbers Cardamom
- 2 pieces Cinnamon
- 1 number Bay leaf
- 2 cups Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Shallot sliced
- 1/2 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ginger crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic crushed
- 1 number Green chilli chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Kahmiri chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- Heat oil in a large pan and add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaf. Add onion and shallot, saute until golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, and green chilli, saute.
- Add chilli powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder along with little water and saute till oil separates. Add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add mutton pieces, stir for a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook until the mutton is done.
- Add garam masala and coriander leaves. Remove from fire.
- Serve with ghee rice, white rice, poori, etc.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.