Fried banana balls are one of the most popular street food available in many Asian countries. This is a perfect recipe to use up overripe bananas.
- 1 cup Ripe Banana mashed
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Semolina lightly roasted
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking soda
- Salt 1 pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the plain flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, keep aside.
- Mix all other ingredients except oil for deep frying in another bowl. Add flour mixture into it and mix well until you get a soft and sticky batter. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Take one tablespoon of batter in your hand and add to the hot oil. (grease your hands with oil as the dough is sticky). Fry on medium heat until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan and stir occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve warm.
- NOTE - I used Cavendish banana in this recipe.
- One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.