Brownies are so easy to make. This cocoa brownie with Hershey’s cocoa powder is very Fudgy with a shiny crackly top.
- 125 grams Butter
- 150 grams Caster sugar
- 50 grams Brown sugar
- 2 numbers Egg
- 75 grams Plain flour
- 35 grams Cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped (lightly roasted)
- 1/4 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180° C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of an 8-inch square pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and let it come to room temperature.
- Beat melted butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence until smooth.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Fold this flour mixture into the batter. Finally, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let it cool completely in the pan. Cut into bars. Makes about 12 brownies.
- NOTE - I used Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa and Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Do not skip the chocolate chips as it helps to get that shiny top.
- Over baking will make the brownie dry. Brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- We used large eggs with an average weight of 58 grams per egg.
- One cup = 250 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.