Beef ularthiyathu is a traditional Kerala style beef dry roast. It is very popular among Kerala Christians.
- 500 grams Beef cut into small cubes
- 6 numbers Shallot halved
- 1 tablespoon Ginger crushed
- 1 tablespoon Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds slightly roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut pieces roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the beef cubes with all the ingredients listed under 'for marination'. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook the marinated beef until it is almost done. (No need to add any water as the water content in the beef is enough to get it cooked).
- Heat oil in a large pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Add onion, and curry leaves and saute till the onion starts to brown.
- Add the cooked beef, garam masala, and pepper powder. (pour a little water if necessary) Cook on low flame until the gravy is completely dry and dark in color.
- Serve with rice, chapati, appam, etc.
- NOTE - One cup = 250 ml, one tablespoon = 15 ml, one teaspoon = 5 ml.
Came out well, first time using crushed fennel, very tasty…good compliment from husband too.
Thank you for trying out my recipe.☺
Well that was really tasty
Thanks and please put many other dishes too
Sure, I will add more recipes.